Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 97 legacy that has no electrical power. No lights windows or any other circuits work. Battery tested good. My ground cables have a resistance of .5 amps and im getting power to my starter as well as my fuse box. I checked the fusable link and it seems fine. What main source of power can i check post fuse box? Any hidden fusable links or major relays, fuses i can check? Im tracing wires now but i was hoping someone can give me some guidance

No i dont. I wondered about security. Would that year have a stock one? I checked the ground at engine block and frame. Both show connections on my volt meter. I checked resistance and it showed a .5 amp draw. Which is pretty normal. Ill check the power relay. Thanks

HI,

'97 had a keyless entry system that had an optional  security system  - dealer installed, IIRC. Should be a small red LED light on the dash and a 'security horn'(?) under the hood - w/a hood sensor. But I've never (yet) read of that causing your symptoms.

Well i fixed it. Turns out a previous owner did install an aftermarket security system. I found the box hidden behind some wires under the dash and removed it. Starts and runs fine now. Thanks for the suggestion Imdew!