Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hesitaion when flooring the pedal. No uphill for me

I have a 96 Legacy Outback Wagon 5spd 2.2 with recently rebuilt motor (25k ago). I have had problems since day one with it when it comes to acceleration. If I floor the pedal it takes maybe a 1 second to really respond. When I try going off roading up a hill I can't get it to go because of this. I have had 5 subarus and they never had this problem. My 91 legacy climbed way better than this.  I've also been getting 20 to 22 MPG which I usually get more with these cars. No check engine light. I have a donor car so I've been swapping parts. So far I have swapped Front O2 sensor, all 4 injectors, MAF sensor, New PCV valve, New Spark Plugs, pretty sure I did a fuel filter 25k ago, New wires and I've done a fuel system cleaner. What else should I do? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I've had 4 90's subarus.  I must admit that I haven't had this exact problem.  I have had problems with the MAF and the knock sensor. So the question is:  did you use OEM with the MAF and the KS replacement?  It's probably something else, but tit still needs to be settled.

By the way, I have had no problems with used MAF or KS.  They don't fail that often so that one taken from a wreck would be likely to be defective..