Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My shop stocked them and they're grade 8 as well. They're called JIS bolts (Japanese industry standard). They have a flange on them. Look identical to OEM ones.

If you truly can't find any, let me know how many and the length. I can take some from my work and ship them to you for a little as possible.

Edited by golucky66

I found some now I just need the three bolts for the TB bracket the part number I'm seeing for the 3 bolts is 800708460 which it states it's 8X55X20 I assume it's a M8 bolt that's 20mm but what's the 55 part?

Are these the ones that attach the TB Bracket to the engine?

Are these the ones that attach the TB Bracket to the engine?

Yes it is as for this motor one idler bearing connects with the bracket along with the TB tensioner.

I can't put my timing belt on because I have no bolts to put the bracket on

Two 8mm x 1.25 x 50mm and one 8mm x 1.25 x 30mm.

Try checking your local Ace or True Value Hardware store for the flanged head bolts.  I get mine from there often when I need one in a hurry.

I measured those from top of the head to the end of the bolt.  Removed from an EJ20

Edited by Mike104
  • Like 1

Two 8mm x 1.25 x 50mm and one 8mm x 1.25 x 30mm.

Try checking your local Ace or True Value Hardware store for the flanged head bolts.  I get mine from there often when I need one in a hurry.

I measured those from top of the head to the end of the bolt.  Removed from an EJ20

Thank you man I very much appreciate it the shipping from a dealer would be so much.. me without transportation right now would still end up not worth it.. lucky I kept some bolts.. but all the bolts I ordered in my last order of $300 in bolts were all bolts for the transmission to motor mounting.. Thank for the tip on the hardware store I forgot I have one within walking distance I think I did the same thing you said I had to use them in a hurry back when I had my 2nd Gen Legacy.

Yep they had the bolts! only one little thing was I should of got 3 of the 50 mm long bolts because of the idler pulley next to the TB tensioner but the rest fit fine I can get the one on and do the belt and install the other bolt before I put the main cover on

• Like 1