Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1957 Goliath 1100

I just purchased a 1957 Goliath 1100 Coupe, it was originally imported to Portland Oregon to a Goliath dealership that was in business in the fifties and early sixties. I have seen more than one person over the years mentioned Goliath on this forum and then hoping to get some information on where to locate a couple Key Parts. The pan and frame of the car are completely rotted out so it will end up being a tube frame Subaru powered go kart basically. But I would like to locate some body parts and tail lights. Please let me know if you have any information on Goliath and Hansa or where I might be able to find some parts

Yes. Because there have been several on here already and I know that several other forum members own them. They also happen to be one of The Inspirations for the first Subaru boxer engine.so I guess I'm smoking logic and a sense of community. Try it

Edited by Crawlerdan

Goliath-Express1100-Antrieb.jpg

Yes the Goliath and Subaru share the same DNA. 

I would try thesamba.com   several write-ups on vw conversions.  or search for old Matadors

You will need a lot of luck finding original parts for that german antique you have. Nice score!

• 3 months later...

interesting, so if Goliath didn't go under in 1961, we would have the 1985 Goliath Leone or if they went AWD then a 2005 Goliath Impreza WRX STI. that would perhaps explain Subaru's birth of the boxer engine in 1966 on the 1000. few years after the defunct of the Goliath company, smart Subaru there...

never knew a thing about the Goliath company, infact never heard of them, cool stuff! although that rust looks a bit harsh, keep us updated!