Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1981 Hatch DL 4WD EJ22 Swap

Been working on this thing quite a bit lately a year or more later, kind of went on the back burner for awhile.... Been cutting up the body to fit 235/75R15 tires...

PB3SxETD_t.jpg Uc0x2l4F_t.jpg VYoob7IK_t.jpg R4EGRkrY_t.jpg SK5Atk4p_t.jpg WCWCrmMQ_t.jpg 

Tacked the exhaust, it's done now, has some random fart can I had laying around on the end of it, O2 sensor welded in the J pipe I fabbed up

JatUO0CV_t.jpg ENKaBdFq_t.jpg 

6 lug conversion is finished, learned one of my drum brakes is a gen 3 assembly, was having a really hard time finding brake shoes for it...

4IZuNjtO_t.jpg Jy2oklIh_t.jpg ngkmhoIy_t.jpg

Edited by Andymccauley

Cutting and welding the back end is the way to go.  Good job.  So much extra sheetmetal gone.

That thing is gonna wheel awesome with that much tire and no lift.  Might have a low walkover, but otherwise it's gonna be sweet, no lift block weight, no blocks to rip or bend.

I admire this build for simplicity.  Let's go wheelin when it's done.  Brown's camp?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 9:37 PM, FerGloyale said:

Cutting and welding the back end is the way to go.  Good job.  So much extra sheetmetal gone.

That thing is gonna wheel awesome with that much tire and no lift.  Might have a low walkover, but otherwise it's gonna be sweet, no lift block weight, no blocks to rip or bend.

I admire this build for simplicity.  Let's go wheelin when it's done.  Brown's camp?

You live in the area? Still allot to do, runs n moves but I still need a radiator, fans and haven't even begun to start wiring, plan on starting all that after vacation

Edited by Andymccauley

• 2 months later...