Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brand new Impreza with a problem. Salesmen doesn't think so.

I bought a 2017 Impreza Premium for my wife this weekend. We traded in a Crosstrek so we're pretty familiar with Subaru's.

On the way home, I noticed that the Black and White display showed the outside temperature, the average speed of the trip and the time. I hit the INFO button and the average turned off. I hit it again and the average came back on. No matter how many times I hit the button, I couldn't get the display to change to a more useful number like "miles to empty".

I called my salesman today and he found the part of the owner's manual that showed where it's supposed to cycle through different displays. He called me back in a few minutes and told me that on ones with Eyesight, it has an upgraded "hub?" And that the display above the steering wheel now displays all of the other useful information. I counter that that's not what the manual says and that means that the engineers decided to leave the button on that's sole function is to turn on and off a display of the average speed since hitting trip reset. He said that manuals aren't always properly updated. Uh huh.

I tried both factory resets but nothing changed. I'm going to take it back to the dealer to the service department but it's a 3 hour round trip for me so I thought I'd see if anyone had any other ideas first.

TIA.

I'm pretty sure it gets changed with a button on the instrument cluster (at least all of the other cars do that) including my moms 17' crosstrek with eyesight.

If I'm not understand your post fully, sorry. But I'm pretty sure the button on the cluster cycles through it's different display options.

Our 2017 OB Touring with eyesight uses the small paddles on the steering wheel (lower left) to scroll through the display in between the tachometer and speedometer.

/Mini-Rant/

Speaking of salesman, as the cars get more involved I find it annoying that some just don't take the time to read up and educate themselves on functionality and options of what they are selling. I taught my sales person how to program the keyless remotes to move the drivers seat to the programmed position of each one. Our remotes move the driver's seat to the wife's or my setting when using to corresponding remote unlock the doors. The sale person had no idea and at first told me that it didn't do that.

You'd think that have some spare time when sitting around waiting for the next sale.

/Mini-Rant/

• Like 1

Our 2017 OB Touring with eyesight uses the small paddles on the steering wheel (lower left) to scroll through the display in between the tachometer and speedometer.

/Mini-Rant/

Speaking of salesman, as the cars get more involved I find it annoying that some just don't take the time to read up and educate themselves on functionality and options of what they are selling. I taught my sales person how to program the keyless remotes to move the drivers seat to the programmed position of each one. Our remotes move the driver's seat to the wife's or my setting when using to corresponding remote unlock the doors. The sale person had no idea and at first told me that it didn't do that.

You'd think that have some spare time when sitting around waiting for the next sale.

/Mini-Rant/

Mine uses the small paddles to change the display between the tach and speedo too.  Does yours have an "INFO" button on the steering wheel?  Mine does and it's supposed to control the display in the middle of the dashboard.  Mine is Premium model with a black and white display.  The Limiteds have a fancier color display that show more options.

At the dealership we bought the wife's 2016 Forester they have a technology consultant on staff to help customers with those kind of things. 

But the positioning of the power seats with the remotes is cool, have to try that this weekend.  that way I can drive here car without messing up seat position.

Unfortunately +1.  I have a 2017 Premium too and the central display is totally disappointing. 

The display in front of your wheel is more interesting, and the paddles at 7 o'clock on the wheel cycle those.  However, you can't customize anything so you have to live with the combinations Subaru limits you to.  The TPMS split for psi is really nice, but I am told there is NO WAY to reset when you rotate the tires without paying a dealer (even indie shops can't do it!)  Another major LOSE for SoA, IMHO.  Even the InfoTainment display is pretty lame unless you bought the higher trim levels.

The TPMS system can be reset/programmed using an Autel TS501 tool (costs ~$250 on Amazon).  I was going to have the tire shop do the programming, but they want $60, as does my local dealer.  I rotate my tires at every oil change, so I'll be saving money in just a couple of years.  I burns my butt to pay $60 for a 5-minute job.