Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Yesterday I went to do front pads, rotors and calipers on my 99 Legacy L Wagon. Aka Ruby. Driver's side went off without any problems. Went to do the passenger side and the caliper bracket bolts are so rusted that who ever tried to do them before rounded them off. And the top bolt was broken. Was wondering if the knuckle is threaded or are the threads just in the bracket? Was thinking of just cutting the bottom bolt and getting a used bracket from the junk yard and new bolts from the dealership. If anyone has had this problem and has some insight, please let me know how you fixed it. Thanks in advance everyone.

Bracket is threaded. AutoZone sells remain caliper with bracket included. This may be a cleaner quicker option. Probally find bolt at lowes. Bolt part number should be 901130011. Confirm that.

Cardone Service Plus 14-1627 Remanufactured Caliper Bracket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008ND1KT6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_TU14zbZ2GEFN1

Edited by msmithmmx

Only the bracket is threaded.  Your idea of new bracket and bolts is best option.

Thanks. I can get a new bracket for $10. And the yard said they would give me the bolts that came with it. I'm just going to cut the head on the bottom bolt and hammer them out with the bracket and rotor together. The caliper was replaced a week before I bought the car. Whoever did the job overlooked that the rotors was no good or the pads.

• Like 1