Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Funny Story

So I'm unpacking some stuff in my living room the other night and out of the corner of my eye I see a set of headlights back up in front of the driveway, I look outside and see a Brat targa stripe and my first thought is somebody's stealing mine. I run outside and right when I'm about to yell out "what the **** are you doing!" I notice that my baby's still safe and sound in the driveway! Turns out this guys daughter lives in the neighborhood and he was just dropping her off when he saw my Brat. This was the first person I'd actually met with one (I waved at another one once). He was a real nice guy who'd just bought the Brat (a pretty much rust-free '86) and said he's just in love with them now. Whats even funnier is that I'd talked to him almost a year ago (about something unrelated) while I was working at my old job and on top of that he said he applied for a job at the place I'm working now. Talk about a small world... Anyways, just thought I'd share...

I see a LOT more XT's Jon. I see a couple a day. A Brat is still a rare sighting...... wait - no it isn't - I have my own. HAHAHAHAHA.

Everyone wants a Brat - seems they are getting *more* popular. I stopped by Nicky Nighteyes place yesterday (smack in the heart of the ghettooooo), and got comments from his friends and neighbors. And mine has three shades of blue panels, and body damage!

GD

Yeah, think about it, 17 years after they went out of production we have more of a community and things such as lift kits, 6 lug swaps, Tcases, etc. that we never even imagined back when they were new. When I had my 86 back in the day, I would have never imagined that we could actually have what we have today. But they are RARE out here. I have seen 3 in 4 years of living here. One beater, one in good shape as a mail truck, and one clean on that some old man drives and he has no clue as to what he owns, he just owns it.

I think the guy is a Stalker......and as long as you have the brat you will be followed by him.

My advice would be to sell me the Brat and save yourself a headache:banghead:

In all the Junk yards here, there are no Brats but there are XT's.

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

Ditto with the junkyards here, I've yet to see a Brat but there are usually 5-6 XT's everytime I go. Speaking of the XT how well do they handle (minus the air suspension thing). I miss having something to take on the twisty backroads and was thinking I might try to pick one up as a project. I've seen a few pics of some on SCCA track days but never really heard much else about them.