Ultimate Subaru Message Board

NO SPARK NO FUEL 1988 gl-10 turbo wagon

Greetings, to start off I have been working on this Subaru for far too long... I bought a wagon with a great condition body and motor. On the bad side a fire extinguisher went off inside the car, I knew this before buying the car, with the plan to exchange interior electrical etc. out of a 88 gl turbo wagon. Instead I put the motor into the 88 gl wagon and drove the parts car for about six months until car turned into a pile of rust. I decided to proceed with my original plan and swapped everything over to the good car.

I got everything hooked up and put together and everything seems to work properly except for my no fuel/ spark problem, both relays are not getting power, and I can't seem to figure this out. I have tried jumping the relays, checked power to all fuses, new distributor and tested my coil. All is checking out fine. The car ran great before swapping it for the SECOND TIME. I am stumped on this one and would appreciate any help!

Thanks

Jarry

The black wire fusible link runs the engine.  If it is hard and brittle, then replace it, or just replace it anyways with a soft black fusible link wire.  The engine ground wire also gets hard at the body connnection.  Then it loses it's ability to conduct electricity.  If over 250,000 miles on car, replace the engine ground wire.  The black wire coming off of the positive battery terminal and leads to the fusible link box, also gets hard and brittle at the battery end.  If so then you would need to splice in a section of wire at the battery terminal end.