Ultimate Subaru Message Board

legacy and forester part interchangeability

hey all, been a long time living in the toyota world. recently purchased a 2001 forester s for commuting. also recently my friends 2nd gen legacy gt got hit by a drunk driver and is destined to the scrapper. he gave me the go ahead to swap whatever i feel i want. obviously the gt wheels are the first grab, beyond that im not sure what else will fit.

so thats what im wondering, if anything else between the 2 platforms will bolt on? hopefully the larger rotors and calipers? cheers

Edited by SoobGoob

Front brakes are probably the same.

Rears are only an upgrade if you have drums.

Struts/springs if you want to lower it. Rear subframe, trailing arm brackets, etc. if you want to lower it correctly.

It might have a rear LSD, but there'll be gear ratio and axle concerns.

There are many parts that are the same, but very few that would be an upgrade.

Those should be the same rear rotors.

96-99 GTs are different from 00-04 are different from 05+, and it’s not even that simple. Maybe you’re seeing later GT references and assuming it applies to the 90s GTs?

I have an 03 H6 if you want the front or rears off of it. In some cases you can swap your existing rear caliper onto H6 rear brackets and rotors, larger brakes with no need to swap calipers.

Here’s where I usually start for brake interchanges:

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1265631

• Like 1

Just to clarify the seats will bolt-up but the forester/impreza seats will sit higher.Too high on the pass. side (for some), and they normally don't have a height adjustment like the driver's seat.

The Forester S was the 'top' of the line that year, so probably has the same 'goodies'. http://www.cars101.com/subaru_archives.html will show you most of the specs for each model year.

GL,

Td