Ultimate Subaru Message Board

100$ 89 gl "2 lift

ycagelurabus

Been awhile since I posted stuff on my legacy, but thought I'd get into it again with this project.

Picking up an 89 gl with d/r and a strut lift, but no subframe drop. Trying to get it out of previous owners backyard, he had bought front axles and put one in, I put in the other. As I finished Poppin in the roll pin I realized the axle popped out of the cup already, checked the other side and it was the same. I knew this would be a problem eventually but was hoping to drag it to our shop about a mile away to start really getting into it. Could he have bought the wrong axles cause I don't think they'll reach?

Already have the scrap metal to drop the subframe and extend steering shaft or can get a legacy joint.

On the front end a two inch strut lift only is asking a lot of the front shafts at best.

Grab the old shafts, smash the outer joints off, fit these and drive it in rwd (locked in 4wd) or drag it to the workshop.

I wouldn’t waste time on new shafts just yet.

Cheers

Bennie