Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone interested in EA-82 Parts?

okay so im pulling out of 3rd gen subarus all together, after a lady wrecked my 1990 Loyale Wagon in October of 2015 that i had put who knows how many hours and was so perfect, i would get under the car and actually scrub underneath the car and such, i've never been interested again in restoring another 3rd gen.

i currently have 3 Wagons in my backyard that are parts cars, a 1989 GL, 1991 Loyale and a 1994 Loyale.

The 1994 does run but bogs down around 30mph, could be as simple as a fuel filter, don't know, never bothered. call it $250 on that one since the scrap yard is gonna give me $225 if someone wants the whole vehicle before its sacrificed as parts, then eventually scrapped.

i did have a 4th wagon but scrapped that one a year ago, but threw a bunch of parts from it in one of the other wagons, so i have 3+ EA82 parts cars that are fairly complete as parts cars. before i junk/scrap them to a local yard here, does anybody need parts on these things or are they still common in junkyards up north? they are all 4WD, one is auto 4WD and the other 2 are manual 5Speed 4WD.

-- if you're curious as to what i have moved on to, im currently looking for any Model Studebaker or Austin Mini, although im still interested in Subaru's, but only pre-1979 or 1981 for the brat since i HATE electronics and 100 wires going through a harness.

too many pictures to post, i probably have the part you need... i still have boxes in the garage full of EA-82 stuff.

-1991 Loyale died because of a Head Being cracked so i used the engine for parts on another one in the past, i did drive it home, smoking, but it did still drive.

-1994 Loyale was a re attempt of me bringing back to life my wrecked vehicle.. never happened.

-1989 GL has electrical issues, No Spark, never figured it out, eventually gave up.

1991 Loyale

xefznl.jpg

1994 Loyale

sm595l.jpg

1989 GL

beetlv.jpg

1991 Loyale

2cxhjyv.jpg

1994 Loyale

2niqhic.jpg

1989 GL

2rhpkky.jpg

1991 Loyale

25tcode.jpg

1994 Loyale

qy5l4p.jpg

1989 GL

rlfked.jpg

1991 Loyale

jkft6g.jpg

1994 Loyale

a1kbd.jpg

1989 GL

2m5ggzr.jpg

Edited by Subasaurus

also i currently have a EA-81 1983 Subaru GL Hatchback that only needs a throttle cable and a carburetor

i have not installed a carb or bought one for it yet, so im currently going to sell it as it is right now for $1,200 here. once i fix the carb and throttle cable (which you can see the new throttle cable box in one of the pictures) here in a few weeks im gonna post it on craigslist at a price of $2,400. let me know if this interests you. few pictures below. NO RUST in this vehicle at all, not even in corners where pinchwelds are from factory which is stunning to me, i drove this vehicle on the highway a year ago when i bought it but it had carb issues, it currently has a Holly Carb, have not messed with it since.

around 60,000 original miles on the vehicle, don't remember the exact number at the moment.

2r3c7ye.jpg

2a0dksx.jpg

2ld8w0j.jpg

kdms7b.jpg

15ggh3.jpg

21en3mh.jpg

6jg0o4.jpg

vmx1s3.jpg
Edited by Subasaurus

Would you ship a crank pulley that the v belt goes around, a water pump pulley, and an alternator pulley?

I think mine got glazed so hard there's no fixing them. Tried roughing them up and I'm still getting a small squeal every once in a while with a brand new belt

• Like 1

i'll ship the parts, but i woun't get started till tomorrow on these things. and yes, any part of any vehicle ill pull and ship.

ill sell the parts really cheap, just trying to help others before all these parts are melted.

my phone number is (DELETED)

text preferred, if you call, i probably woun't answer unless i have nothing to do and im at home, which is rare, but i will return the phone call.

Edited by Subasaurus

Would you ship a crank pulley that the v belt goes around, a water pump pulley, and an alternator pulley?

I think mine got glazed so hard there's no fixing them. Tried roughing them up and I'm still getting a small squeal every once in a while with a brand new belt

double pulley or single pulley on the alternator? PM me or text me.

how far away from Connecticut are you?

I wouldn't mind having a 3AT.  The cars look pretty decent, rust wise, but I have no place to store one long term, and the 2 I run now are in very low rust condition.

im quite a ways from Connecticut. im in San Antonio TX.

Hi, I have an '87 GL wagon 2wd 3at 1.8 tbi ea82

I'm interested in some bits and pieces  :) (pics of mine for parts clarification)

lookin for:

-inside rear-view mirror (my mirror is good but the plastic is broken)

-front door inside mirror trim either blue or grey and with clips/pegs if possible

-front side marker lights, both left and right lenses and wires if possible (the snap tabs on mine are broken off of the bulb sockets so they just sort of hang in the housing)

-the pulse coil sensor on top of the A/C compressor (I haven't found a way to test mine yet without recharging the A/C, but it was kind of chewed up when I bought the car so I might need to replace it)

-a radiator fan clutch if you have a good one (mine is pretty stiff to turn, I know they should spin freely when cold, however I'm still contemplating an electric fan replacement)

-any chance on a rear cargo cover? again, either blue or grey

-oh yeah, interior door handle trim(s)

Shipping to 81524

Thanks for posting! Not seeing much of these cars for parts anymore, at least I'm not.

Thanks 

TIm

post-67772-0-62758600-1518282743_thumb.jpg  post-67772-0-08872600-1518282782_thumb.jpg  

post-67772-0-53358300-1517679028_thumb.jpg
Edited by Tburn7
  • Like 1

Hi, I have an '87 GL wagon 2wd 3at 1.8 tbi ea82

I'm interested in some bits and pieces  :) (pics of mine for parts clarification)

lookin for:

-inside rear-view mirror (my mirror is good but the plastic is broken)

-front door inside mirror trim either blue or grey and with clips/pegs if possible

-front side marker lights, both left and right lenses and wires if possible (the snap tabs on mine are broken off of the bulb sockets so they just sort of hang in the housing)

-the pulse coil sensor on top of the A/C compressor (I haven't found a way to test mine yet without recharging the A/C, but it was kind of chewed up when I bought the car so I might need to replace it)

-a radiator fan clutch if you have a good one (mine is pretty stiff to turn, I know they should spin freely when cold, however I'm still contemplating an electric fan replacement)

-any chance on a rear cargo cover? again, either blue or grey

-oh yeah, interior door handle trim(s)

i do have all those parts except for the Interior Cargo Cover, never seen one before, i do have 1 good mercury fan clutch, and many electric fans.

sent you a PM, sorry for the late reply, alot of people have been asking for parts, more than i expected.

• 2 weeks later...

im sure many, many, many other people are standing by for me to say im parting this EA 81 vehicle, but the vehicle is too perfect for me to part out, the mileage is only at 061,459 after 35 years. it would be a crime to part it out, unless someone purchases it from me, then i woun't care what they do with it. but i just woun't get enough out of it parting it out than selling the whole vehicle.

G'day mate.  Im interested in some 86+ L series parts if you could mail them to Australia..

Tacho instrument cluster with manual center icon panel (or two), (Mostly all the tacho dashes down here were autos),

Under fender plastic intake snorkel (lightweight pipe type that has a mounting bolt behind the blinker) if you have that kind and

Black plastic fascia and metal radio mounting bracket (and bolts) such as the one in your  89 GL.

I appreciate there's a bit of mucking around to get these out but Id be grateful if you could let us know what you recon..(Im building one up for my daughter).

Cheers, Bert.

• Like 1

yes I can use a good  ea- 82  crankshaft for a rebuild

enough people asking for parts finally got me close enough to the crank, if you are still looking for a good EA-82 Crank, i now have it removed and available.

95,000mile crank. $35 plus shipping.

8vw5rt.jpg

Edited by Subasaurus

2/26/2018

i still have many, many parts available, i don't bite i promise.

just listing a few past purchases as reference, im mostly just charging for the time that it takes to pull the stuff out.

-$20 on all 3 pulleys. plus whatever shipping is

-$5 for the radio trim

-$5 for the left radio bracket

-$5 for the right bracket

-$10 for the plastic Snorkle in fender

-$15 for the Manual Transmission gauge cluster

-$10-inside rear-view mirror

-$3-front door inside mirror trim

-$10 for the pair-front side marker lights, both left and right lenses and wires if possible (the snap tabs on mine are broken off of the bulb sockets so they just sort of hang in the housing)

-$5 the pulse coil sensor on top of the A/C compressor

-$10 a radiator fan clutch

-$4 a piece in either blue or gray interior door handle trim(s)

-$15 Automatic Window Mechanism with motor on Rear Passenger

-$30 for all 4 interior Door panels with handles

-$80 for all 5 Alloy H-Style Rims

-$10 Rear hatch Latch Mechanism

-$15 A/C-Heat control Box

-$15 Pair of Headlights

-$5 driver corner light only

-$10 for the wiper motor

-$10 rear washer fluid reservoir with motor

-$30 for the 2 front seats in blue

-$30 for both front fenders

Edited by Subasaurus

How about just a drivers side headlight that is clear and doesn't collect moisture. The two that I have both fog up.

I also would love to hook up my stock radio, but the previous owner cut all the wires and left them hanging. I am looking for a stock radio plug, car side, to wire back into place.

If only the trailer hitch were easier to ship...

Thanks again for the pulleys! It solved my one squealing problem, but I believe the pilot bearing is making noise as well. Time to pull the engine.

Edited by Nickoli
  • Like 1

How about just a drivers side headlight that is clear and doesn't collect moisture. The two that I have both fog up.

I also would love to hook up my stock radio, but the previous owner cut all the wires and left them hanging. I am looking for a stock radio plug, car side, to wire back into place.

If only the trailer hitch were easier to ship...

Thanks again for the pulleys! It solved my one squealing problem, but I believe the pilot bearing is making noise as well. Time to pull the engine.

Trailer hitch would be a nightmare, but if this helps, the Reese trailer hitch came from my friends 1998 Toyota 4Runner Parts car, they all came stock with them. i just had to cut some of the length of the arms off, but besides that, worked out great.perhaps finding one locally would be best for that item.

Stock Radio wires with plug $6

One Drivers Side Headlight that doesn't leak water in-

$10 for the Metal/Glass one, or $6 for the Plastic/Glass headlights.

for the pair would be $15 for Metal/Glass or $10 for Plastic/Glass.

What's the condition of the 89 GL seatbelts and are they the manual kind? I'm in need of both front seat belts for my 87 GL wagon.

i do have mechanical seatbelts, they are in pretty good shape last time i drove the car (no tears) although this one is not removable in 2 pieces (lap belt of shoulder belt option) its just your normal standard seat belt like today's cars.

Sent you a PM, thanks for the interest!

Edited by Subasaurus

• 1 month later...
Dear friend, I'm interested in next Loyale 1994 parts:

- Complete gray rear seat belts (left, center, right)
- Gray sun visors (left and right)
- Gray steering wheel
- Gear shift lever (upper part with red push button)
- Black protector - front fender left
- Dimmer switch

Regards 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...