Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RockAuto Valve Cover Gaskets

RA is frequently confusing to navigate like this.

1. Rock auto usually includes *notes below each part*, read the notes. If a particular part doesn't have notes then ignore it.

2. Google search the part number from Rock Auto that you're interested in and unsure about. Then you'll see them listed on ebay, etc and other sites are usually more clear.

3. There are only three different valve covers in the 1980s (ignoring the Justy):

EA81 - i think is symmetric (both sides are the same), flat, and often/always cork and simple.

EA82 - each side is different, not flat, curved ends for cam caps, one side is elongated for distributor area of cam

ER27 - similar to EA82 but longer for the additional cylinders and includes more valve cover grommets

google image search those and you'll quickly see the differences and determine which one it is you need. if a rock auto part is still unclear then back to step 2 or just skip over it, don't chance it.

Edited by idosubaru

Thank you! This is the info I was was wanting.

RA is frequently confusing to navigate like this.

1. Rock auto usually includes *notes below each part*, read the notes. If a particular part doesn't have notes then ignore it.

2. Google search the part number from Rock Auto that you're interested in and unsure about. Then you'll see them listed on ebay, etc and other sites are usually more clear.

3. There are only three different valve covers in the 1980s (ignoring the Justy):

EA81 - i think is symmetric (both sides are the same), flat, and often/always cork and simple.
EA82 - each side is different, not flat, curved ends for cam caps, one side is elongated for distributor area of cam
ER27 - similar to EA82 but longer for the additional cylinders and includes more valve cover grommets

google image search those and you'll quickly see the differences and determine which one it is you need. if a rock auto part is still unclear then back to step 2 or just skip over it, don't chance it.

RA had a sale on some a few years ago and I stupidly bought about 5 sets as they were like a dollar each, well, ya get what you pay for, I got like 2 sets that worked fine, no grommets and a bunch of poorly packaged cork that wouldnt lay straight no mater what you did.