Ultimate Subaru Message Board

No longer available plastic parts

It has been a while since I have been on, what an awesome idea about the trim parts. 3D printing. Wow. This is great. I'm definitely following this. I would be a sure customers if this happens in the future. 

Dave T, you said you hadn't thought to this as a business; you should. Supply and demand brother. You could do other vehicles not just Subies. Just trying to plant a seed. If I knew how to do it, I would be all over that. 

Thanks for the service Dave T. :clap:

Well that is figuring out the time and cost like you said to be affordable. What is the biggest cost? I would bet some of us on here would be investors for the project. What are some of the expenses? I don't even know what a good 3D printer would cost. I think you have something here Dave. Think of all the things we could make that you can't get anymore. 

Well, like you said, start small first and once it shows promise, a bank or other business investors would see it would be profitable. I didn't think I would do well with my business and it has been better than I expected, being an Electrical contractor. But with the small stuff, think of the parts first that everyone needs that you could make a lot of and then you could scheduled bulk orders, paid for in advance. 

That is what I worried about with my customers and I have them pay me in advance of half of my estimates, so if anything, I'm only out my time, not money out of pocket. And customers can't throw the money at me fast enough. Just remember, supply and demand, you can do something that I can't do, as well as others. It is the same with Scott in Bellingham. You pay first and then he fills the order. It would be a good business and something that people would be sending you molds to make left and right. Save to a file and print away. 

Just my 2 cents. :)