Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey guys, I don't get into newer than gen 3 stuff, but when I do I come here...

I'm looking for the preferred kit(with water pump) for a '95 ej22 and what type tensioner I am likely to need for this car. It's an LS wagon from Indiana. I have used Gates' kits in the past, but it seems like they are falling out of favor. What's the best I can get from Rock Auto for this?

Thanks in advance!

Just purchased a Asian kit through Amazon. All components are Japanese manufactured, which was want I wanted, not Chinese stuff. My; only problem is that the water pump would not fit my engine, so had to re-use old water pump.

Have heard that Gates kits contain Chinese product, not what I would want on my car.

AISIN or OEM.

A 1995 is at least nonintereference so if it does break you’ve just got a break down, no engine damage. For that reason it’s a little less worrisome buying lesser parts if you don’t care about reliability or possible breakdowns.

I just helped buy a legacy off a forum member here I think he said had a new belt and it broke within 300 miles. 96 noninterfernece engine so I replaced everything and all is well.

Just purchased a Asian kit through Amazon. All components are Japanese manufactured, which was want I wanted, not Chinese stuff. My; only problem is that the water pump would not fit my engine, so had to re-use old water pump.

Have heard that Gates kits contain Chinese product, not what I would want on my car.

Any EJ pump will physically fit the engine.

What was the issue?  Did you order a pump for a tubro model with outlet to teh front instead of bottom?  or did you get a pump with an secondary oil cooler hose inlets?  A kit for a 95 2.2 should have just been a standard EJ water pump.