Ultimate Subaru Message Board

gsr parts wanted

Hello from New Zealand

My son and I own a 1972 sub GSR coupe. It is the only one left in NZ on the road. It took us two years to restore it and parts are very hard to get.We would still like to aquire whatever parts we can get to help keep it on the road in years to come.I also have a 1975 DL1400 sedan in storage waiting to be restored.And I have a1984 brat which I would like to get new doors and guards for.My wife owns a1994 Legacy and my father owned his first Subaru in 1972 and brought a new one each year until my mum and dad were killed in a car crash.My father had Subaru GFT coupe in 1974 and I just loved it. I would love to own one but there is only one left and the owner will never part with it.Needless to say I am another Subaru nut and look for ward to talking to other nuts and seeing photos of members pride and joys.

thats sad about your parents. do you have any pics of the car(s)? I'd love to see them. the guy to talk to about Gen 1 stuff is moosens, but this stuff is hard to get in the states too.

Thanks for your reply and I will put photos on in the near future.Thanks for the info as well.

I replied to your email via the board.

There's at least one other guy who wants a GSR but I've been wanting one for a long,long time.Yours is probably one of less than 10 left.Just guessing,and hoping that there's a few more than we've heard of.

I think there was at least one,maybe two other GSR owner who stopped by this board over the years.

Let me know what you may need too. I have quite a bit of GEN 1 BRAT and car stuff. Moosens and I are 2 of the earlier model guys.

Todd

http://m2.aol.com/subaru3

Thanks for your reply.I would like two front guards(fenders) and it would be good to get doors as well.Panels for brumbies are hard to get here in NZ.Any help would be great.Would anyone like to swap a left hand drive ute for a right hand drive.

Regards Kevin.

• 3 weeks later...

Please,please doe's anyone know of any 72 - 74 coupes over there.I would love to have a left hook.

Hello from New Zealand

My son and I own a 1972 sub GSR coupe. It is the only one left in NZ on the road. It took us two years to restore it and parts are very hard to get.We would still like to aquire whatever parts we can get to help keep it on the road in years to come.I also have a 1975 DL1400 sedan in storage waiting to be restored.And I have a1984 brat which I would like to get new doors and guards for.My wife owns a1994 Legacy and my father owned his first Subaru in 1972 and brought a new one each year until my mum and dad were killed in a car crash.My father had Subaru GFT coupe in 1974 and I just loved it. I would love to own one but there is only one left and the owner will never part with it.Needless to say I am another Subaru nut and look for ward to talking to other nuts and seeing photos of members pride and joys.

What's a GSR?:-\ Pics?

This is a GSR I'm pretty sure. Click to enlarge it:

GSR.thumb.jpg

That is definitely a prize subGSR. I'm sure you're going to hang onto it as long as you possibly can. I myself might have one of maybe 10 XT/XT6's in the Orlando area.

Yes that is a GSR.The one we have is in storage at the moment but we have plenty of photos.Will post them hopefully soon.Took two years to restore but we still want to be able to have spare parts.Where did the photo come from.They still look cool even today and when my son or myself drive it ,it still turns heads mainly because even over here people haven't seen one.Looking at the photo it looks like it has been coverted to 4WD.

Thanks Kevin

This is a GSR I'm pretty sure. Click to enlarge it:

GSR.thumb.jpg

That is definitely a prize subGSR. I'm sure you're going to hang onto it as long as you possibly can. I myself might have one of maybe 10 XT/XT6's in the Orlando area.

You had better believe it.It is extrmely awsome as we have the only 72 GSR on the road her in NZ.We have a 74 as well but haven't picked it up yet.The 74 model was different to the 72-73 models.Hows this for a twin carb 1400cc stage one cam with extractors from the factory and it is spec-ed at doing the quater mile standing start in 16.8 sec.Not bad for an old car.This car is where the high performance cars from Subaru started.There were other Subaru coupe models of the same area but didn't have the souped up motor.

Kevin

That is so F%*$ing AWSOME:slobber: