Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Beater Challenge - And I picked a GL-10

The ford tempo springs do fit the front ea82 struts not perfict fit but i am running them on mine with no issues the front end will be very stiff i have a 12000lb winch sticking way out front of my rig that soffend up my springs but there still stiff and will give a little lift however your camber will be off the best lift is still the 2" lift blocks they fix the camber issues as there is no built in adjustments the camber only realy matters on the street so probably not a issue on this rig

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm getting really close to finishing my car for my trip. I'll post updated pictures once completed.

I've got a high idle issue which I hoped replacing the O2 sensor was going to remedy, it did not. From searching the form it seems that the Coolant Temp Sensor is likely the culprit. Hard to find those things for a reasonable price. The part listed in the post I was reading was

https://parts.subaru...22630AA030.html

Now with that in mind I also found the following;

https://www.subarupartsdeal.com/parts/subaru-sensor-assembly-temperature~22630aa000.html?Make=Subaru&Model=GL+Series&Year=1989&Submodel=&Filter=(2=GL10%2fB)&Location=intake-manifold,,22630 

My guess is the second one is for the temp gauge rather than the fuel mixture and that site has it mislabeled? Good news is I left all my body work budget intact until the end as I was worried I'd have an expensive part like this pop up unexpectedly so I do have the budget if I need to get the $95 part. 

If anyone has any lines on where I can get one for a deal that would be appreciated because I still have a few other plans that I was hoping to save budget for. 

FYI Budget $1000.00 current expenses $820.00 (including purchase of car)

I did manage to find a used intercooler off of a turbo jetta that was more appropriately sized for my little turbo so I have my WRX intercooler for sale if anyone is interested

Edited by User-Matt

• 5 weeks later...

So the beater challenge is complete and the Gl-10 treated me pretty great. Had a few over heating issues, rad was in rough shape so this was expected in the tough mountain climbs so had to keep her outta boost on the really steep stuff. Plus found out that the spring on the rad cap was pretty warn out and was releasing pressure at WAY to low of temp, wasn't anywhere near release pressure when the engine would get a coolant bath, made for some drama though. We did a few logging and ATV roads that the GL-10 pretty much destroyed the other cars on which was pretty fun. even got 2nd place on the drag race (added intercooler and upped boost to 10psi which helped). Have a look at our facebook page for the play by play and we will be adding a 4 part mini series video once we finish editing in a few weeks.

www.facebook.com/jalopalooza 

• Like 1