tylertrend

1982 GLF Coupe resto and cleanup

Looking and sounding good mate. It’s a big project you’ve undertaken. Remember the end goal!

and keep up the good work!

Thise chrome trim pieces in the windscreen/windshield rubbers - I’ve found them to be much easier to install with the rubber on the glass prior to fitting the glass to the vehicle ;)

Cheers 

Bennie

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, el_freddo said:

Thise chrome trim pieces in the windscreen/windshield rubbers - I’ve found them to be much easier to install with the rubber on the glass prior to fitting the glass to the vehicle.

I'll have to keep that in mind when I replace the rubbers on my coupe...

8 hours ago, el_freddo said:

Looking and sounding good mate. It’s a big project you’ve undertaken. Remember the end goal!

and keep up the good work!

Thise chrome trim pieces in the windscreen/windshield rubbers - I’ve found them to be much easier to install with the rubber on the glass prior to fitting the glass to the vehicle ;)

Cheers 

Bennie

I had tried doing that on the windshield and just couldn't get it to work. Much agreed that it would make it much easier. 

New update, I just got done moving to a new place across town and I brought the car over to her new home last night. First time I have driven the car ever outside of the driveway. The ride was less than comfortable on my back because I still don't have my seats done, so a stack of old sheets had to suffice. I was very impressed with the ride, the shifting, and the power (props to me for knowing carburetors well and timing engines by feel :lol:). The tires look like they were made in the last millenia and are not perfectly round but that's little stuff, and I'm hoping they get better with use. And the tires are supported by freshly painted wheels, complete with OE trim rings and center caps. They turned out great for a weekend job, I used my auto guns with a Nason primer and base/clear system. As soon as the seats are done along with some other interior tid bits, she'll be cruisin' around town regularly. Other recent work has included fitting the rear window trim, exterior trim, full brake job, axle, a replacement front hub and the like. More to come, Stay tuned 

IMG_7757.JPG

IMG_7759.JPG

• Like 2