Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Aftermarket exhaust kit / system?

Yes, one of the 2 I built is now on its second car. It is also very nice if I have to do anything that can be made easier by removing the exhaust, since o used all stainless hardware, it just un bolts. It is also lighter than a stock system by a lot, so easier to handle.

It passed CT emmisions testing, and if the catalytic dies, it's an $80 part.

• Like 1

Not much difference sound wise. Not leaking like the rusted old ones, so quieter. The ID is a size bigger than the stock pipe. So far, the old mufflers are still holding, but I'll have to decide something on them sooner or later. Don't want noise.

Now that you mention it, IIRC, the pipe after the Y I went 2" - because I could buy decent pre made flanges that size.  Couldn't find smaller ones, only bigger.  And I didn't want to fabricate more than the 4 I did for the heads.

I drew up what I wanted on a piece of paper and saw a good exhaust dude. Found a shop close by who did custom work on cars and harleys.

I got unequal length headers for that suby throb in 1-3/4". From there into a side by side motorcycle type 2" collector-> to 2" hiflow cat -> 2" pipe -> 2" resonator-> 2" turbo pattern muffler.

Sounds great, makes more power over 3500rpm.

My exhaust fab skills are nowhere near as good as the guys who do it for a living.

post-67864-0-27288900-1523645087_thumb.jpgpost-67864-0-83661100-1523645126_thumb.jpgpost-67864-0-03670800-1523645156_thumb.jpg

• Like 1