Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ22 transplant to VW Trike Clutch Switch Issue

dmend

I have transplanted a 1995 Legacy EJ22 engine with an automatic trans and cruise control, wiring harnesses and control modules and mating the engine to a VW manual trans on my trike. I've wired up the Cruise Control Module, Brake Switch, and modified the paddle switch for the handlebars.

I've almost got the wiring complete on this transplant project and at this point I'm confused about the clutch switch wiring. The wiring diagrams show two different clutch switch configurations (see uploads) both for the M.T. and uses two different connectors: B107 and B106 (both are two-pin). The Starter System shows a Normally Opened clutch switch (B106 connector) which is grounded and connects to the Starter Interlock Relay. So, when the clutch is depressed the switch closes the circuit (grounds it) and the starter will engage, otherwise it won’t engage.

The Cruise Control System shows a Normally Closed switch (B107 connector) and shows it connects to YW wire going to the CC main on/off and CC Module. This diagram shows one wire if an A.T. and another if an M.T.. So, I use the YL (M.T.) wire and where does the other wire from the clutch switch go and what happens to the Starter Interrupt Relay connection?

(diagrams attached)

Thanks,

Dmend

Starter System 1995.pdf

Cruise Control System 1995.pdf

the YW wire and the YB wire from the Cruise computer (CC unit)  need to make a an uniterupted loop for the system to operate.

CC unit puts out 12+  on YW wire.........One branch splits and goes to the switch to light the bulb when system on.

The other branch of YW wire Goes to the Normally closed clutch switch, through it, comes out as YL, then goes through the normally closed part of the brake switch , comes out YB and loops back to the CC unit.

If the 12v+ from the YW wire (pin 2) is not seen at the YB wire (pin 16) the system will cancel.

The starter relay interlock uses the other clutch switch.....not part of CC system.  It can actually be bypassed entirely.  Just wire it closed unless you really want eh clutch interlock for starting.

• Like 1