Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How to delete rev limiter 93 Legacy.

Hey Tireman;  Are they letting you use the fuel injection ? Back in the late 90's I ran a 90 2.2 on a high bank dirt oval,  I had to run a carb....  modified an intake and used a holley 500 cfm.   

I still lost a lot to those ford 2.5 engines on the straightaway but I could hammer them hanging on the bottom of the corners.

Great fun.... Bottomless black hole..... I miss it !

If you need more top-end, increase your tire OD by an inch or 2 in height and it should bump MPH up w/o having to messing with ecm.

I agree that changing the tire size would do that, but there would be other consequences.

Raising the car an inch would affect the handling; that would be a significant raise in the CG. Also, we don’t know if or how much stagger he runs. We also don’t know what class he runs in so the level of prep allowed is unknown. I would guess it is a “mini-stock” type class and in some places mini-stock runs a spec tire (size and/or compound). A taller tire would also affect his acceleration which is important on starts and restarts.

Yes I run fuel injection. It’s asphalt oval and kinda like mini stock yes. My stagger I currently went up to my largest is around 71 3/4. I just need more straightaway power. Feels great coming out of the corners just cuts out about 40 foot too soon.