Ultimate Subaru Message Board

94 legacy wagon rear subframe interchange

Hello all, recently picked up a rhd 94 legacy wagon on the cheap but rear subframe is completely rotted out. So my question is what all years makes and model subframe will be a direct fit or at least will work for my car? Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

From what I understand the 1994 legacy doesn't have a subframe as such. The gen3 liberty/outback has one but the gen1/2 does not.

I'd be identifying what parts you need then go from there. Stick with the same gen legacy and you'll be sweet with replacement parts.

Cheers

Bennie

My '95 had the same issue when I bought it (looks like the image linked by msmithmmx). Was completely separated from the body by rusted sections that were gone. I found a completely rusted Legacy with 220k and a brand new crossmember someone had installed probably months before dumping the car at the yard. That only cost $15.

These first gen legacy’s are hard to come by where I live. So finding another one for parts is kind of out of the question but I do have access to several 95-99 legacy’s so I guess what I’m really asking is with a rear subframe out of say a 95 work? Thanks again everyone for the input.

Edited by Loyale#1

This link is for 94 Legacy AWD non turbo (dunno exactly what yours is, change the settings at the site if turbo, FWD, etc.) http://car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?userSearch=int&userPID=1000&userLocation=All+States&userIMS=&userInterchange=BEC%3D%40&userSide=&userDate=1994&userDate2=1994&dbModel=70.6.1.1&userModel=Subaru%20Legacy&dbPart=477.1&userPart=Rear%20Crossmember&sessionID=11000000014202224&userPreference=grade&userIntSelect=1044491&userUID=0&userBroker=&userPage=1&iKey=

A quick skim had some in the $50 range for an "A" grading, which I think is a fair price. Just call the yards and ask if they ship, which might add another $20.

You may use the rear cradle from a any of the following

90-94 Legacy,

93-02(at least) Impreza,

95-99 Legacy or Outback(don't use the outback spacers.)

Forrester will not work, they are taller (like Outback but with spacer height built into cradle, instead of separate blocks)

Now the sway bar links and radius arms differ (your 94 shouldn't have a rear sway bar so that makes it easy)  but all vehicles listed above have radius arms that will work.  

• Like 1

You may use the rear cradle from a any of the following

90-94 Legacy,

93-02(at least) Impreza,

95-99 Legacy or Outback(don't use the outback spacers.)

Forrester will not work, they are taller (like Outback but with spacer height built into cradle, instead of separate blocks)

Now the sway bar links and radius arms differ (your 94 shouldn't have a rear sway bar so that makes it easy) but all vehicles listed above have radius arms that will work.

Awesome! Just the information I was lookin for, thanks a lot!