Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looking for skilled SUBARU mechanic in Dallas, Fort Worth, TX

Looking for skilled SUBARU mechanic in Dallas, Fort Worth, TX.

Specifically, looking for exhaust and various issues that need attention on a 2005 Outback XT  (Turbo)

Thanks!

Todd 

subaru3@aol.com

the only place I've used other than the dealer and myself (well, when I was ill I farmed-out some regular maintenance a coupla times to a generic shop) is AWD Tuning off Justin road in Flower Mound. I'd say they are highly skilled.

If you have a conversation with them, do ask about scheduling and time required to complete any work - other than the time they kept it, the work done on my WRX's transmission (ate 2nd gear) was fine - affordable too.

if you're willing to travel alittle, theres a guy in Buda, TX, that is the only person i trust, new and old Subaru's, he's been working on Subaru's since the late 70's, he's rebuilt a transmission for me, thats about all i've ever needed from him, but he has from a 1979 GL sitting in the back of his shop, to a 2011 outback, and other cars inbetween.

We see a disproportionate number of problems with the 05/06 Legacy GT/Outback XT platform. It takes a fair number of expensive parts and labor to bullet-proof one of those. We just did a 2008 Outback XT - forged pistons and all the trimmings, etc. Bill was over $9k. 

Be very careful who you trust with that model. They need to be well versed in the turbo failures, piston ring land failures, and broken oil pickup tubes common to those models. These things need to be checked out on a regular basis or modified to avoid failures that could snowball. 

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder