Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Aloha from VA! (And whats with the Captcha?)

Currently working on fixing up an old 1986 BRAT and I'm trying not to choke as I bit off a bit more than I can chew. She's quite rusted on the underside, but I have plans on fixing it all. I have a background in aviation metal work, but know nothing of welding, so I feel somewhat confident that at some point in time I'll be able to do good looking work on this car. I'm also rebuilding the engine which like to leak about a quart a month, it an EA81 and the first engine I've ever done serious work on. 

Past that I'm loving taking things apart, just gotta make sure I know what I'm doing when it all goes back together!

P.S. Do the admins know the Captcha is acting wonky? 

welcome to the club. I too have a brat that is in need of more work than is reasonable, lol. then again, I am also modifying mine as I go. Fixing any rust while also making wrx suspension fit with it. Then I will do a 5 speed swap and an ea82 swap into it. not going to be big on power, but it should handle fairly well.