Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Auto seatbelts

f both of them aren't working then it sounds like they were disabled or something that affects *both* sides is the issue.  while they fail, the chances of both failing at the same time is unlikely and points to a shared issue or someone intentionally disabled them. 

check fuses/plugs make sure someone didn't just disconnect them. 
check that door switch is operational, i imagine that's what "triggers" them? 

convert to non-automatic

download the FSM and start trouble shooting to retain the automatic ones. 

• Like 3

Cut wire definitely either splice it back together or investigate that wire.  Check fuse for seat belts too. 

XTs don’t have a seat switch, they use the door switch. Are you positive the loyale has a seat switch?  I didn’t think they do. 

No seat switch, just door switch.

I'd check fuses/relays, then I'd blow out the track with compressed air (sometimes the arm can be prevented from reaching the end of the travel, and therefore tripping the limit switch). Then I'd either live with it (what I've been doing with my XT6), or swap to manual belts.

So I connected those wires under the drivers seat and nothing happened, at least that I noticed. The belt is stuck in the on position so it’s not all that bad, I wonder what those wires are for. There are none under the passenger seat that I can see.....