Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Interior door handle bezels still available.

This really disturbs me.

That these, and who knows how many other thousands of old parts there are, sitting in Subaru warehouses.

With no way for anyone to even begin to find them, unless they have an old parts book.

I got these numbers from a guy on facebook, who had such a book, as incredibly ironic as that is...

When I bought my 83 ragtop 4 years ago, In February in Indiana, at night, in sub-zero temperatures, the thermostat was stuck wide open.

I went to the dealership I had actually worked at in the early 90s for a tstat. The kid at the parts counter was, like, "Uh...like, our system only goes back to like 85."

I just glared at him, turned around, and went to Napa.  I was too steamed to even discuss why:

1. He had no clue that they were the same as the 85-94s.

2. That Subaru had not bothered to put anything older in their system. 

I realize they are only required to sell parts for 15 years after manufacture, but why keep these parts in stock then?!? 

I really see this as a failure of Subaru to support the survivors of their brand.

They should be featuring some of our old relics... with the old relics (us) that keep them alive, in their sales propaganda, instead of all the 20-somethings and their dogs camping in brand-new Crosstreks... :angry:

Forgive my rant.

• Like 2

Jono, the ACL requires spare parts to be available for a "reasonable amount of time". Typical automotive spare parts worldwide is 10 years from end of production in my experience, which I think would be seen as reasonable in most cases (certainly for this part of the market, you might have a case if you couldn't get parts for a Ferrari after 11 years). The average amount of time from buying a new car to selling it is around 6 years, and the average car age is a little over 10 years.

Subaru doesn't appear to be any better or worse than other auto-makers (hence the decision to stop supplying your EA82 oil pump).  

On 6/12/2018 at 9:23 PM, Subaru Scott said:

Have a look at these, boys!  :banana:

Still available from Subaru in tan. 

There is now one less set available in tan....... :ph34r: :P

Thank you for the heads up. I had given up even looking for them anymore. 

Dan

• 1 month later...

My local dealer says the LH side, the -200 P/N is NLA, both in person and via their online portal.  They still show as available online, so I tried placing a web order, only to have my order cancelled.  I just placed an order from the link above, so we'll see if they cancel this one too.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, carfreak85 said:

My local dealer says the LH side, the -200 P/N is NLA, both in person and via their online portal.  They still show as available online, so I tried placing a web order, only to have my order cancelled.  I just placed an order from the link above, so we'll see if they cancel this one too.

Yes, I ended up getting a kick back email saying the same... Smh. If anyone happens to find another source I’m interested! 

10 minutes ago, 78brats said:

Yes, I ended up getting a kick back email saying the same... Smh. If anyone happens to find another source I’m interested! 

Same here.  Just tried to reorder a smaller quantity.

I have left over RH parts, if someone is willing to trade for some NOS LH parts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BratshitCrazy said:

Me too -  I just tried to order both and the right side is the only one available. Get 'em while you can - but please don't hoard. 

Only with the brown interiors.  The blue covers have the opposite problem, only the LH part number is still active...

1 hour ago, carfreak85 said:

Only with the brown interiors.  The blue covers have the opposite problem, only the LH part number is still active...

Can I also get the LHS blue bezel part number? I didn’t realize any other colors were available. 

Edited by 78brats