Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello!

I am in a situation where I received a mint condition Subaru Forester 2007, no turbo, ej25.

The only issue with this car is the fact that it had a front accident which busted an engine cylinder, I am looking to replace the engine as a whole and am looking at local pull-a-part's to buy the engine.

My question is if anyone more knowledgeable about Subaru's can suggest which Subaru engines will be compatible with this model (apart from obviously finding the same model). From my research, I've heard there are certain Impreza and Outback models that have the engine, but I am not entirely sure so I thought I'd ask. 

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

What you have----

X, X Premium, LL Bean: 2.5L 4 cylinder Boxer engine,  SOHC 
16 valve, Active Valve Control System AVCS 
Fuel system: multi-port sequential fuel injection, distributorless ignition 
Compression: 10:1

Emission choices- run the vin to see what your was sold as--- probably fed emissions

2.5L, VIN 6, 6th digit), SOHC, California emissions 
(2.5L, VIN 6, 6th digit), SOHC, Canada emissions 
(2.5L, VIN 6, 6th digit), SOHC, Federal emissions

use car-part.com to see compatibility between legacy, outback and impreza years and models that work.

• Like 1

www.car-part.com is the best option to find compatible engines.  Your local pull and pay can tell you what vehicles they have that may work.  Do your homework first and then go to the pull and pay yard or a contact a local wrecker to see what they can provide.