Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wire Harness for EA to EJ swap.

I'm in the middle of an EJ22 swap with my 85 GL. I managed to pick up an engine, but did not get the whole donor car. I would like to know what wiring harness is needed for the swapped engine to run. Just from the ECU to the necessary engine components? Any help would be great!!! Thanks. 

Edited by ClassySoob

Fuel pump = efi high pressure pump, external variety is the one to get.

As for wiring, it depends on which generation and series the engine came from - or get the wiring harness as previously mentioned, intake manifold and associated wiring/sensors etc AND the crank and LH cam gears (these will have matching timing marks for the ECU).

Or find a donor vehicle of the same Gen your engine came from that has the same number of plugs for the engine to body harness - this is *usually* a way to match the intake harness to the main harness and have it all work as it should. 

Cheers

Bennie

No, just remove all the unnecessary wires from the engine donor harness and add it in the vehicle to run the engine systems. 

The rest of the wiring can remain unchanged. Just have to parallel connections at the ignition switch and instrumentation, and run wiring to the new fuel pump.

Easy peasy. :D

9 hours ago, el_freddo said:

Yeah what Scott said.

If going an ej25 harness, why not run an ej25?

Cheers

Bennie

I have the 2.2 engine and it's harness. But I need the rest of the wiring. Computer to engine. I found a 2.5 wiring. Will that work, or is it different?