Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Two Ninetees Soobs- daily beaters

Bdamit

I love the robust Subarus, built like any of the best cars in the world, 4WD, sporting, comfortable and really good for our daily off-road needs (we live 'off the road').

We have two cars, both from the 90s, first was our 2.0 Sf5 Forester from 1999 (gad i love it!), followed three years later by the 'shopper' ; the Vivio 4WD 660cc from 1995 (insane 8000rpm fun).

FullSizeRender 6.jpg

HiBennie

the Vivio is the 1990s evolution of Subaru's Kei - car range. Smaller than the Justy....

660cc capacity max, and exterior dimensions not exceeding 3.3m (11 feet) length, with height and width limits too.

here is the Wiki description:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kei_car

Surprisingly I fit perfectly, (5'11"), with legroom in the back. This version is with multi point injection, no supercharger.

Four doors, four cylinders, four seats, 4 wheel independent suspension and four wheel drive (selectable at any speed).

I love it, enough to proceed with a full engine rebuild, most of the important parts come from Japan, smaller consumibles I can find in Europe.

The build quality is pure Subaru, and underneath it looks just like any other 4WD / AWD Subaru. It is basically a shrunken Legacy.

No boxer engine though: it uses Subaru's own EN07 motor, 4 cylinder in-line transverse, where all other kei cars used a 3 -cyl as far as I can tell.

Hilarious!

Here it is next to our '93 Fiat Panda. The Panda is pretty small, but looks quite fat in comparison...

IMG_9121.PNG.a43acfe0658d912c54d1dca6d2081129.PNG