Ultimate Subaru Message Board

97 Impreza Outback Sport - Parts or fix

I am getting rid of my car and I thought I would list it here to see if anyone is interested.

226k highway miles but always maintained. This was my daily work vehicle, (170 miles a day) however it started making a knocking noise so I bought another car to use for work. It sounds like a rod is knocking. It has new brakes, good tires, and had a complete timing component kit replacement (belts, tensioners, water pump, etc) about 10k miles ago. The car is in pretty decent shape and is inspected until 02/2019. It's perfectly driveable, but the knocking is pretty loud and I dont want to do any more damage so I just parked it and decided to put it up for sale if anyone is interested in buying it for parts or wanted to throw another engine in it. Has European headlights with glow rings, and a front end bra. The other things wrong with it are as follows: Leaks oil, hood release cable just broke, stereo was stolen. I'm in western/central Pa, and I'm asking $500, which is bottom line.

0621181805a-2080x1560.jpg

0621181806_Burst01-2080x1560.jpg

Edited by jeryst
Add photos