Ultimate Subaru Message Board

01' Forester keyless door locks not working.

My forester has key-less door looks but they don't seem to be working. Both the switches on the driver and passenger side doors don't work. I checked the fuse and it wasn't blown. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. 

very possible it could be the switches themselves, or maybe something got unplugged

pop the door panel off the drivers door and make sure everything is plugged in properly, and while it is off, check for power getting to the switch

Parker,

From your explanation I suspect you may have a broken wire inside the rubber gaiter at the driver's door hinge area. Pull the rubber gaiter from the door and slide it towards the car body and check each of the wires for a break. Then slide the gaiter back into place and pull the other end from the body and check that half of the wire bundle.

If that doesn't show up the issue, pull the driver's inner door panel and peal back the plastic weather shield. Find the connector on the door lock actuator and unplug it. Then with the ignition turned on, check to see if you get power at the connector when you press the door lock switch.  If there is power then the actuator needs replacing.

If no power, check the switch to see if there is power to the switch. That will trace things to tell if the problem is before the switch, after the switch, and if the actuator is good or bad.

I have taken lock actuators apart that didn't work and fixed them myself. The most common issue being dirty brushes on the tiny motor. A quick cleaning and they were back in business. Zero dollars, and just my time. Good Luck!

• Like 1