Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat and Hard top owners - where does your dog sit?

I realize that this is an unusual question, maybe even the first time it has been asked?

I have always wanted a Brat, since before I could drive. I have a spoiled rotten German Shepherd that we rescued. She is accustomed to having the whole back seat and being able to stick her face out of the window of a 4 door vehicle. I'm wondering where Brat owners put their dogs when they go for a ride. I doubt she'd sit up front, and I'm guessing that a Canopy and some bedding back there is the way to go.

Hard top owners- I love these cars too and am thinking about trying to pick one up. The back seat is an added plus. I'm wondering if when the rear quarter windows are down is there enough room for a good size dog to stick her face out of.

If this sounds like ridiculous criteria upon which to base the purchase of a car, that's because it is. Somewhere along the way I'm afraid that I have become one of those crazy dog people.

Thanks very much

• Like 1

I've had our Dalmation ride shotgun in the Brat with me before.
She sat up the whole time, she was younger then, I don't think she would tolerate it now.
Her favorite seat has always been the bench in the EA82 wagons.

BRAT - Slider open , dog in bed. Topper with side windows but on the east coast or anywhere they are harder to find in functional condition. 

I shipped a topper like that to folks in CO once. $$$!!!! 

Hunt out the Brat with a topper. Long term it’ll hold value. 

Two door - the dog will only kill it , even if a good dog. 

Good luck ! 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...