Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New torsion bars are being made for EA81s

So after a lot of work, mailing in a set of torsion bars from my Brat, paying for the initial machine work and engineering design, and a 8 week turn around, I happy to announce that you can now order new torsion bars for your EA81 chassis from Swayaway here in California. They will run $325 a set and will offer you a spring rate that's 20-25% stiffer than stock without loosing any of the rotational limits the stock ones had. Actually, Swayaway claims their bars will out perform the OEM bar in every single matrix, and they're guaranteed not to sag or break. You can check out their web site at www.swayawaycom. They make very high end products.

So what does this mean:

Better handling, no more having to crank the torsion bars for heavier loads, no more broken torsion bars, better articulation, and a new parts option for our aging suspension. I will be receiving my set this week and will do a comprehensive comparison to place here and on FB. Once I do that and ensure fit and finish is good, Ill update this post with the PN. He made 3 sets, 1 for me, 2 for immediate purchase, and any orders after those will be made to order.

• Like 4

I got the new bars installed. They are amazing. They easily handle the 300LBS of overland gear I carry every day, and only let the back dip about another inch with up to 500 lbs in the back. Rear diff clearance with 300 lbs in the back is at 12" . Flex wasn't hampered at all. These are a great purchase, and greatly improved the ride quality and handling of my Brat. I recommend them for anyone wanting a more firm suspension for any reason.