Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need Rubber Hood Prop Thing

The rubber parts that anchor my hood prop bar to the body of the car came apart yesterday and the bar fell loose. It can't be reattached as the rubber pieces are too disintegrated. There are 3 rubber pieces - the guy at O'Reilly's pulled them apart and didn't put them back on correctly. Does anyone have this assembly in good condition that they don't need?

790395497_RubberHoodPropThing.jpg.07dd10197fdf7be4c7231be51662bc4b.jpg

I took the bar with the rubber parts on it to O'Reilly's yesterday but didn't have any luck there. 

3 hours ago, NV Zeno said:

If you want the OEM part, I got one from  Nate Wade Subaru in Salt Lake City (along with some other small parts).  Shipped free to me in Nevada and reasonably priced.

Thanks, I'll give them a call. I need to take a photo of it assembled like it originally was before O'Reilly's guy took it apart (grrrr).

3 hours ago, NV Zeno said:

On 5 August 2018 at 5:25 PM, jono said:

And for the retainer end clip, mine broke recently and was able to flog a sexy yellow one from my 99 Impreza and fit once I enlarged the square hole on my Brumby

I nabbed one of these units for Sunnie the brumby then cut off one retainer clip on the underside to slot it in the factory EA hole. Fits snug and doesn't move :D

As for the rubber grommet, surely you could use a generic rubber bung of a suitable size with the middle cut out... Or nab a decent one from a part yard vehicle. 

Cheers

Bennie

I meant to stop by the local Sube dealer to see if they could fit me up. I want to be driving my Sube when I do but it's been too danged hot to be driving it, since its AC doesn't work. I'm trying to get the AC going again (another topic). Meanwhile, I'm driving my Ford Escape.

• 3 months later...

After looking on various sites using the Subaru part # and finding that prices for the single grommet ranged from $7-$8 (ridiculous!), I ended up buying a rubber grommet kit for $9. It has 125 pieces and 18 different sizes. There are plenty of assorted kits online, my only dilemma was deciding on one.