Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Dual headlight conversion

You need the units from the L series to make it work. Afaik it's a bolt in affair then mod wiring for dual headlights. 

The ea81 models need the radiator support panel swapped from the single to dual headlight unit from what I've been told.

Cheers

Bennie

think he's talking about an EA82..

Make sure those corner lights are in good condition from your donor vehicle, they are ridiculously hard to find since they are skinnier and a different shape than regular EA82's.

you need the buckets where the headlights sit,

and i think you may also need the grille, it's been a few years since i've seen one so can't remember fully.

image.thumb.png.7b659896000737918e8ca618d42a106c.png              Corner marker lights with pigtails, headlight buckets, headlight retainers & hardware, grill, lower headlight valance pieces & valance. Relays plus 4 headlight connectors. Some wire of course. Suppose you could get the complete front harness & do it that way. 

Wired mine so LED low beam is outers only, LED high beam is outers & halogen inners, fog lights are halogen inner low beam + fogs with separate switch. Was lucky enough to find an OEM fog light switch at a PNP yard. Headlight switch in turn signal assembly activates relays that are powered directly from fused battery source under hood.

Edited by czny
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, czny said:

Was lucky enough to find an OEM fog light switch at a PNP yard. Headlight switch in turn signal assembly activates relays that are powered directly from fused battery source under hood.

yeah that OEM foglight switch is alittle rare to find, i still have that switch in a box in the attic, was lucky too in 2013 to find a top of the line GL10 with one at the junkyard.