Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Identify these 99 Imp relays please

Brown - main power

Green - Fuel Pump

Blue - multiple possibilities, depending on exact model/options

Red (pink?) - multiple possibilities, depending on exact model/options

White/natural - daytime running lights (maybe)

try looking through the wiring diagrams here for more info - you know what options your car has, we don't

Thanks for the quick responses gents.

A closer look at the brown one - it has two pairs of fat wires in and out and a pair of scrawny coil/relay  trigger wires so OK main power for whole cars electrics

I was sort of thinking EA82 mpfi logic that relays together fuel and ignition so the white one might power up the ignition coils

This car is a donor, but was an RX Impreza wagon GF8 with all the lights, bells and whistles you could ask for , just don't ask for a turbo :)

Had AC, ABS,  air bags . We in RHD AUDM region seem to have a  problem because the great resources of files are USDM, and I am finding ECU wiring does not match by a long shot ( at my novice level) We continued to get the EJ20 in 99. Think the only EJ22 waS IN THE SPECIAL 2 DOOR wrx 22b, THEN EJ25s. I n my first look, got ten? mismatches from just the first plug I looked at !

The plugs are not easy to back probe, and for front probing will need to wrap a wire strand around DMM probe to get in just looking for wire continuity and maybe bundle and label