Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Information on installing a Weber on a feedback carbed ea82?

I just finished installing a Weber 32/36 on my 1986 Subaru gl sedan. As I went to drain the old gas I found out the fuel pump wasn’t working so I jumped straight to it and the pump is good as well as the fuse. My old carb was a feedback carb so there is a couple connectors and I’m wondering if these inhibit my fuel pump from turning on when I turn the key? Do I need to jump them or anything. Also in my fusible link box I am missing the bottom green fuse is this normal or is it stopping my pump from turning on when I turn the key? Thankyou 

i installed a 38/38 syncro Webber on my 86 GL EA-82 after deleting the Hitachi.  i put a small vent filter on the return line and left it cut off near the fire wall.  my car runs fine.    i love my 38/38 cuz both barrels open at the same time.  lots of low end performance. and its needed cuz i have the automatic trans.  then did a high performance CAT back exhaust and now am completing a top end overhaul as i warped heads and lost a head gasket, so I had Delta Cam or Tacoma Wa. make me a Stage 1 grind on my cams, AND they ground my cam followers too as u cannot get new ones. it will run again very soon.  im so looking forward to the RV cam and how it will perform.  with it being an every day driver an the high gear of the automatic they thought the Stage 1 grind would be best for me and i agree as i wont be up at/or above 4500 RPMs very often where the stage 2 and 3 cams go better.

Edited by Mack Truck

id certainly check into the fuseable link, they are only a couple of dollars.  also on most of these there is a fuel cutoff valve that keeps the car from pumping fuel in a roll over accident.  id check there first to make sure its not faulty and cutting power to the pump.