Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello, I tried a Google search and a forum search, but couldn't find specifics about these models. 

I have a 1999 Legacy SUS EJ25D. 

There is a Baja 5 speed turbo transmission with matching differential, and other manual parts near me for a good price. 

Does anyone know any specifics as to why this wouldn't work? I know it'll bolt up and everything. Just want to make sure there isn't any reason why I shouldn't buy this transmission for a 99 SUS. 

down grade in reliability and maintenance are good reasons not to get it.  clutch maintenance, hydraulic clutch maintenance/failures, synchro's, input shaft bearings, VLSD, less 4WD options...time sucking, money sucking trash, but if that's your ticket then punch it.  you do gain one benefit that MT's have - the ability to pop the clutch on a dead battery.

factual joking aside....

need rear driveshaft and pedal assembly, shifter linkages, clutch components - flywheel/clutch kit, and hydraulic clutch (or swap to the more reliable pull style clutch so you dont' have to dork with slave cylinders, hoses failing, and changing the fluid), and wiring work for the reverse lights

center console if you want it trimmed out inside.
cruise control computer if you want that to work
instrument panel to match but t it'll drive with the existing cluster. 
Hill holder if you want it to work

Thanks for all the info. I'm not doing it for any other reason than to make the car more fun to drive, and the current 4EAT in the car is old about of shape with typical 4eat problems . It's a shame  the SUS only came with an auto.