Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Solenoid identification help.

Hey guys!  Just need a little help identifying a solenoid to order a replacement.  I can't tell if it's the egr solenoid or the purge or what to find a part number.  

https://photos.app.goo.gl/L7jeCYzfY1yRFPEF9

Couldn't figure out to upload photos, so there's a Google album with the pics.  My big confusion is that the connector for it is different than the one that pulls up.  A part number would be awesome as I broke the plastic valve.

Is it one that has a vent cap or no vent cap like a sealed circuit whether on or not?

What model car anyway?

People have founToyota and Mitsubishi to be good donors. They are pretty basic other than vented or not vented

May need to make wires to bridge between new solenoid wires and car loom plug

Lucky for you it lasted this long and you found new on amazon. I got mine from EA82 carby model for my flat manifold GLTA built in '85....12 years ago. Depending on which country the egr solenoid only activated by ECU below 45 kph and only then at operating temp and of course only with manifold vacuum.

This wasfirst and only fault code I got to read and fix on that car

Haha yeah, it surprised me too, as I usually break these every time I pull a motor.... It's like a curse.

To be fair though, the car only has 89K miles on it.  Not a bad buy for $250 because it needed a "head gasket."  Turns out someone snapped the intake mani bolt by the coolant passage.  I pulled the motor, tore it down, cleaned it, (repeat that last step like 15 times), and am reassembling it now to put it back in.