Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brumby ea81 with ea82 spfi and turbo

Hi guys really need some help with this one. I have a 91 targa brumby with and ea81 that's had ea82 spfi and turbo setup put on it. I had it running but so was braking down spark at 3000rpm so I sent the distributor away to be rebuilt and it got lost in a flood. I've since found a replacement but can't get the car to run. It's acting like the firing order is out. Won't start back firing etc. Can anyone help me with a wiring diagram or firing order and distributor degrees etc or has anyone done the same thing?? Any help would be awesome. 

Dejavu? Feel like I have read this before? Firing order of ea81 is 1 3 2 4

Go back to basics

All plugs out 

Feel for compression on number one

Look at flywheel here to see TDC marks

Turn to timing mark is it 20°? If you using EA82 stuff. Shoot is it a turbo dizzy at all?

Then fit dist so rotors left side of contact point is about to contact with terminal inside cap if rotor turns anti clock normally

Hmmm... This think sounds tasty. You in Oz too since referring to the Brumby rather than Brat?

The good news is that you've got spark etc. so hopefully it's either the firing order that's out or you just need to adjust the timing. 

And we definitely need pics of this setup/beast. 

Any internal work done to help with the longevity of the engine?

Cheers

Bennie

Not that I have seen an EA81T in the flesh I think the first series EA82T dizzy is an EA81T dizzy in an EA82 dizzy shell

This engine parts combo sounds like the EA81 I was digging up with EA82T exhaust, turbo and EA82 SPFI ...ended up selling base engine before finishing

So another one wanting to see pics of horse and heart and oil supply line to turbo, but let's get it snorting first