Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ISC valve location - 2007 Impreza 2.5i

There isn't one. 

I assume you either recently reset the codes on the computer or disconnected the battery. The ECU need to relearn it's idle. 

Clear the ECU or disconnect the battery for 15 minutes. Turn the key on, wait about 30 seconds, and then start the engine. Allow it to idle for 45 minutes. DO NOT touch the accelerator during this time. Then you may drive it normally. 

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder
  • Like 1

On 8/17/2018 at 4:24 PM, montana tom said:

Have you checked for codes ?  If you don't have a reader,  most parts houses will read it for you for free.

There are no codes present.

On 8/17/2018 at 4:54 PM, GeneralDisorder said:

There isn't one. 

I assume you either recently reset the codes on the computer or disconnected the battery. The ECU need to relearn it's idle. 

Clear the ECU or disconnect the battery for 15 minutes. Turn the key on, wait about 30 seconds, and then start the engine. Allow it to idle for 45 minutes. DO NOT touch the accelerator during this time. Then you may drive it normally. 

GD

I'll give that a nudge and see if it works. 

On 8/17/2018 at 4:54 PM, GeneralDisorder said:

There isn't one. 

GD

This seems to have worked. However i'm curious to how it could have got into this situation after it was only standing (unstarted) for a month.