Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 clutch cable lengths

Can someone take some measurements of a LHD clutch cable from any EA82 variant including XT and post in here please? I plan to do same with RHD. Our XT cable is different to wagons sedans etc and NLA. Wagons etc are. 

I guess length of outer and   centre of each pull end of inner be best

Tia

Lucky fella with photo allowance ! Thanks CZNY

I also used a yellow tape, with yellow casing, almost thought my pics had miraculously loaded up.

Worst rules and tapes out have metric and imperial on the same face - affects accuracy :(

You know some years ago I thought LHD clutch cable  would be shorter ( but I was envisioning a clutch pedal next to the hump :)  )

Only ever driven auto LHD on our roads here - just as well no clutch to deal with !!

A whole extra 5 inches give or take - that idea blown away then - be nowhere to take up the extra. They retail about A$110 here

" Lucky fella with photo allowance ! Thanks CZNY "

Not a photo allowance here at USMB, jono........a photo allowance on host site.

As to that cable in LHD cars, there has to be a huge "S" shape to it as installed to go from LH drivers side foot to clutch fork right?

• 2 years later...
16 hours ago, Step-a-toe said:

Stars aligned today Scott :)

Genuine order from the dealer but I hear that these cables are now not available

Hey mate, there you are! 

Thanks for that. We’ll be hitting up FROG on Monday, hoping for the best. 

Cheers 

Bennie

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2018 at 3:45 AM, jono said:

Only ever driven auto LHD on our roads here - just as well no clutch to deal with !!

Don’t mean to come off as heal or know it all. 
I’m a bit confused about you saying that you have only ever driven the LHD over there in AUS don’t you PRIMARILY have the RHD there in AUS since you drive on the wrong side of the road there:grin:
Feel free to just come KICK me in the head if you want, even though I’ve had a stroke once in a while I deserve it. 

I guess that we’re going to have to agree to disagree!

As long as we are in our respective countries then we’ll be on the RIGHT side or LEFT in your case.

If we should visit the others country and continue to drive on the side of the road we think is right, it’s going to end HORRIBLY bad for either of us! 

That being said I would like to visit the LEFT side of the road one day. 

Bennie is correct Dinky. Special interest cars- generally. Although some internationals coming to live here for work sometimes bring their LHD cars in that are only special to them and not many others. 2008 also propped up our stocks of LHD imports as cashed up aussies took advantage of those in the US selling up toys and the nice exchange rate of the day.

Special interest that i got to drive around the block was a Mach variant of about '69 Mustang with a 390. More humdrum was just a gen 2 , i think, Legacy, that said it was made in the USA - Indiana.

I should have just tried driving it on our wrong side to see if i felt more comfortable in relation to the road's centre line markings !!

Word is that the US used to have the tiller on the right to begin with, unsure if that was also drive RHS

I’ve seen several European LHD motor homes in Bendigo in the last few years. Very odd to see on our roads! But cool being able to cruise different countries in your own vehicle (this is a generally odd concept on Oz since we’re surrounded by water). 

Cheers 

Bennie

• Like 1