Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'01 outback VDC, adventurer build

scalman

Hello everyone. Subarus are amazing cars and outbacks are so good family/adventurer rides, just if you do something with front and rear bumpers. Well front is must

So my model is kinda rear outback 2001 , 2.5 , 4eat , VDC , rear LSD diff.

Yes its one of those early 2.5 engine VDC models. Those kinda rare to see out there.

So make it short this how it went from stock when i bought it in 2014 to this day

ucvvupw.jpg

And what you see here and not see are:

2" lift spacers

215/65 r16 BFG TA KO2 

Custom UEL headers

Removed front and rear stabilizers

Front and rear bumper cuts

Custom 1x1.8m roof rack

Front and rear hi lift jack mounts

And it drives on LPG. Lpg tank is in spare tire place.

I have build topic in another place but to make it short and compact info thought to put it here as well.

So first thing i noticed was very low front bumper even with lift it was just going in the way all times. So front bumper was going in half so time ago and rear i cut not so long time ago.

Now its much much more capable drive trough stuff

20s4YKo.jpg

And things that i most proud of are hi lift jack mounts. I made adapter for hi lift myself and then front and rear mounts in car. And its just another world how fast and east you can recover yourself from bad situations without any help

97k9ZH3.jpg

atAt9it.jpg

Its just makes all difference from staying stuck and going look for help to just lifting car and driving out 

39HIMYo.jpg

Took me about 20 min to drive out from this. Most part of that time for digging.

I bought hi lift jack after got stuck one time in middle of forest and there was noone to pull me off. Car was there 2 more days before i got it out. Would be simple job with hi lift.

So now im just ready. And hi lift can be used as to pull car forward or backwards too as hand winch. 

Leds in front bumper for more light in bush. It spreads to sides to well

Some plasti dip for more interesting look.

Aqm3RuG.jpg

And those bumper cuts just let me go on obstacles that i couldnt go before

E8T4lxd.jpg

Removed stabilizers helps with better articulation gives it about + 5-8cm more suspension travel front and rear

And VDC really loves when it gets more grip with that . just makes car even more capable.

And no problems without sway bars on low and high speeds. You just need get used to it. Then it feels just natural.

Edited by scalman
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

yh i just love to work on car. looking to other cars other ideas and making some of my own. mostly i do test my car on areas around me and if something going wrong or braking or touching or i think of something that could be modified , then i do that. but all must be in level of as much stock look as possible.  still have more ideas in my head more welding projects more stuff to do. i cant imagine when i will have no more to do on this car what else i will do... change car maybe. as many saying just take less rusty car.  yh that would be nice ... but for now i will make use of it as long as it would wanna going for me.  it such reliable car with problematic but extremely reliable engine. it  was running on low oil , low coolant for some times and nothing happened. it still drives good .