Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi folks,

I'm looking to start doing some cosmetic work on my '79 BRAT. Specifically I need the below (preferably in red but i'll take what I can get!):

tailgate (or even just the handle for the tailgate)

passenger fender

front bumper

plastic door handle covers for interior

I have some parts that I'd be willing to part with myself like

a hood,

rear diff,

about 7 carbs in various states of disrepair ;),

a couple of alternators,

windshield wiper motors and the linkage, 

some interior parts like visors and a couple of door handles I believe and other parts as well. I will look through what I have if you have a specific thing you're looking for.

Edited by yournmhr

I don't have any of the parts that you need but I have some info that you may not be aware of. I used the door handle from a '80 sedan on the tailgate of my '81 Brat. Perfect fit. I'm telling you this so you won't be tempted to pay a premium price for a handle thinking that only a tailgate handle will work on a tailgate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, George1943 said:

I don't have any of the parts that you need but I have some info that you may not be aware of. I used the door handle from a '80 sedan on the tailgate of my '81 Brat. Perfect fit. I'm telling you this so you won't be tempted to pay a premium price for a handle thinking that only a tailgate handle will work on a tailgate. 

that is extremely useful info, thanks for sharing that one!