Ultimate Subaru Message Board

GL-10 Quiz Question

29 minutes ago, Naked Buell said:

Okay Subaru Buffs,

Did the GL-10's come with a LSD rear end????

Not all GL-10's. I searched for LSDs when i find them. Odd thing is, found one in a 88 GL with pushbutton FT 4WD once.

Edited by czny

9 hours ago, Naked Buell said:

Was that stock for the 88 GL or had someone changed it? I believe all Rx's came with them with the center Diff lock right? Correct me if I am wrong Subie Bros.

I already had an LSD diff under my GL(bought it from a member here) but some guy had stopped at my house & tried to con me out of it. He wanted it for his 510 Datsun sedan. Bad vibes from that guy. That made me nervous for awhile - that I'd find my car disabled one morning.  Shortly thereafter found that GL in a PNP yard many miles away.

Had time to recall that 88 GL, which was a blue metallic GL-10, car had the darker decals on lower part of the doors, etc. Found it at Pick-A-Part Ontario CA, but by the time I got there the rear diff cover was lying underneath the car & diff was missing. Found the diff housing & ring gear about 100 yds away stripped of the LSD. Like the guy was hunting for someone with an impact to remove the ring gear bolts.

Deduced that 2 + 2 = LSD in a 510 Datsun.

54 minutes ago, czny said:

I already had an LSD diff under my GL(bought it from a member here) but some guy had stopped at my house & tried to con me out of it. He wanted it for his 510 Datsun sedan. Bad vibes from that guy. That made me nervous for awhile - that I'd find my car disabled one morning.  Shortly thereafter found that GL in a PNP yard many miles away.

a week ago a guy knocked on my door and asked me how much for my brat, kept insisting and didn't want to leave my property, after a while eventually left, but these last 6 days i've been having to park the brat in the backyard in fear of it dissapearing the next morning out of my driveway.

12 minutes ago, Naked Buell said:

Real scum bags out there. Be careful guys and be observant. And be smart, especially if you have ones scouting on your cars. Maybe its time for some cameras. Pretty cheap nowadays. 

Problem with that is i have 15 cameras all around my house on the outside, (i live next to a creek so no backyard neighbors, yay), someone broke into my gf's 2015 civic with somekind of universal keyfob identifier, they didn't even touch the car and it unlocked for them, i did some research and apparently there has to be 2 people, which there were, one searches for the key sending out a faint wireless signals hanging on the wall on the inside the house, and amplifies it for the other person standing next to the car to communicate with the vehicle.

San Antonio Cops could have cared less, i told them i had video evidence of two guys, which i wount disclose their ethnicity but you guys can guess that one im sure, and they just transfer me to a cop on the phone to complete the report not wanting evidence or wanting to come out and take a look.

long story short, keys are now hanging in the kitchen away from the front door so that they can't find the faint signal from the key fobs, they didn't steal much, an ipod touch 1st gen which is pretty much worthless today and an ipad 2 8GB, which is also pretty worthless.

cameras wount help in my city apparently.

That leaves two options. Arm yourself and protect your property, or better choice, time to move. I know it sounds like a lot but I did it myself and have never regretted it. I was in San Antonio for a bit while in the military; I understand. I would be moving to a nicer area. Plus, take the keys with you. Don't leave them at home but, then they would probably just hurt the car.

Which brings us to the second option again. Time to move. It sucks but then again, it doesn't. You will be happier in the long run. 

14 minutes ago, Naked Buell said:

That leaves two options. Arm yourself and protect your property, or better choice, time to move. I know it sounds like a lot but I did it myself and have never regretted it. I was in San Antonio for a bit while in the military; I understand. I would be moving to a nicer area. Plus, take the keys with you. Don't leave them at home but, then they would probably just hurt the car.

Which brings us to the second option again. Time to move. It sucks but then again, it doesn't. You will be happier in the long run. 

well... since you know San Antonio some, im not on the bad part of town, im in Alamo Ranch (houses of 250K and up) seems that crime is higher in this city in nicer neighborhoods than ghetto neighborhoods.

(and i just bought this house 13 months ago! lol, moved away from my dads place in medical center, which is pretty ghetto, every week or so another vehicle would be with no wheels)

Edited by Subasaurus

I mean "move"; it looks like another state. I moved from Seattle to Eastern Wa area, rural. Super nice people. Small town, if you are a scum bag people know and if you are a nice person, people know that too.

Plus, it's type of people in general, not the race, which I am sure  you know. Good and bad no matter what the race.

Remember, nothing is impossible. That sucks about "just" buying the house, but I am sure now you are thinking about moving. There is nothing worse than feeling like you or your possessions are not save. 

That security is worth more than what you think you may be losing to relocate. Plus I've learned, even though you may have money or are successful, don't show it. Live simple and they think you don't have anything. It's a protection. Bible advice. You can't lose with advice from the man upstairs. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Naked Buell said:

I mean "move"; it looks like another state. I moved from Seattle to Eastern Wa area, rural. Super nice people. Small town, if you are a scum bag people know and if you are a nice person, people know that too.

that i couldn't agree more with, i've thought about it, but being 23, im early to the party regardless, perhaps when im done paying for the house when im around 35 i'll move to another state like montana, or oregon, who knows. thanks for the advice though!  :)

26 minutes ago, Subasaurus said:

that i couldn't agree more with, i've thought about it, but being 23, im early to the party regardless, perhaps when im done paying for the house when im around 35 i'll move to another state like montana, or oregon, who knows. thanks for the advice though!  :)

I'm in process of moving to Montana after living in Azusa CA area for 25+ yrs. A remote place isolated from main hwys & 16 miles from a small town. Nice people & nice area.

I checked out eastern OR like around La Grande or Baker, rural farming communities. But I didn't like the direction OR is going - emissions wise, socially or 2nd amendment wise. Too much like Commiefornia.

But then there is a meth problem everywhere these days.........:angry:

Still tying up loose ends down here while wishing I was up there already.

I keep a .68 cal C02 paintball pistol loaded with hard rubber balls, which may not keep me out of jail but being nonlethal may not get as much jail time in Cacafornica.

As to disabling your car, look for that 12 volt guy circuit to stop car thieves. No blinking alarm light to alert the GTA wannabe.

I added a glass breakage sound sensor to my DEI alarm for added warning. Tapping a key hard against the glass sets it off.

• Like 1