Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Side marker lights on please help

2005 Subaru Forester.  Came home from the car wash late today and the side marker lights (two red lights L & R in back, two yellow lights in front) are one when vehicle is OFF.  Doesn't matter position of light stalk on steering wheel.   Any ideas on what to look for first?

That switch is installed for the Europe market but they install on them all. 

Apparently on tiny cobblestone streets , you pull as far to the side as you can... flip the switch on the column , flip on your turn signal so only the light,s that protrudes into said tiny street   will illuminate.  This helps keep your car from getting crashed...   Europe... their different... 

Thank you to all who replied and for supplying the solution, this not-well-known info about the "virgin" switch. It was switched by one of the crew at the car wash as they fussed to wipe the muck from the dashboard. Now that I know about this feature, I feel like I've been admitted to a secret society... no longer a virgin, so to speak

• Like 4

I remember when I got my first subaru and when I arrived on my job site early one dark winter morning and I got frustrated and finally just disconnected the battery until after work when I had time to look into it. I felt pretty silly for some reason.

You never forget your first time lol

• Like 2