Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My First Subie

Was recently in the market for a 2004 Subaru WRX STI, but ended up withdrawing my purchase because the dealership kept running me in circles and not taking responsibility for their own mistakes. The overall condition of the car wasn't too bad for having been in two accidents with less than 80k miles, but there were too many issues that resulted in me pulling the deposit. So now I'm the semi happy owner of a 1988 Subaru GL, basic auto fwd n/a that I may be interested in converting if possible. Currently the car randomly bogs as if it's losing fuel, needs a new rear seat back, odds and ends. Though basic searching isn't really leading me to the parts I'm looking for.

42435059_538382079939399_8150190860705726464_n.jpg

Welcome! Your new ride is a beaut! She'll clean up real nice. Posting a video of your problems may help. The search function on the top right hand corner usually does the trick. If you can't find the answers here and you happen to have Facebook then there's a few groups you can join that may have your answers. Those groups are: Classic Subaru Network (4x140 or GTFO), Old School Subaru Group & Subaru Brumby, Brat, M.V. & Shifter Group.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Don’t park it next to the garbage for a better picture. Lol

Just teasing. We few old school people here are going to appreciate your taking on one of ours. Being an 88 should be SPFI in the USA.

Been a while since I’ve run a Loyale body or EA82 engine. 

Random info which may help:

Be sure the air duct system is tight. Your fuel pump is under the car passenger side rear and sits on a little shelf. Fresh fuel filter ?? 

Edited by moosens