Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2033 H6 oil strainer O-ring - none available?

Does anyone know the OEM specs for this orange O-ring?  For 2003 Outback H6.  806919080

So much trouble to find a $6 O-ring.   If I new OEM specs maybe I could find one elsewhere.  Want this one to be correct though.

My cars down for a week or more if I can't find a substitute.

ID ~19mm

OD ~24.5mm

thickness ~2mm

Thanks.

43 minutes ago, dburton97128 said:

$9 for a pack of 50.  What a deal.  Are these going to be the some composition as OEM?

Thanks.

Silicone. That's what the orange OEM one is. Close enough (silicone comes in many colors - the color means nothing). Get one in Viton if you prefer. Viton or Silicone will last longer than Buna-Nitrile. For that matter you could just use a good tight fitting o-ring of 2mm diameter from a generic kit and likely be fine for the remaining life of the EZ. You can get a kit and make your own also. I have made many o-rings for such things as the rear cover gasket on the STi power steering pumps (not available)...... lots of options. I would just get a generic kit of Viton o-rings, test fit a couple and pick the one that fits snug. This really isn't rocket science. 

• 3 weeks later...