Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1982 FSM SCAN (anyone need?)

Decided to go track down one for myself. Garage that is putting the clutch in my WRX let me take theirs home for a couple days. 

I’m busy scanning it with my phone.  It will actually come out pretty good all things considering. Used to use this app for work and manuals there. 

Is anyone interested in a copy? It’s about 900 or so pages long and is going to be a monster .pdf  

i should have it mostly done tonight

CF8648D2-DCD4-4239-9E15-545A9ED4B32C.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ErikAnderson said:

Taaaaking that as a no ;). 

If anyone searches and sees this I have about 400 pages scanned. 

Not no, just undecided if........

How else are you gonna share this?  Google drive? Dropbox? Etc?

Dropbox free acct has a 2 GB limit.

I’ll see what I can do.  I got up to chapter 11 (transmission stuff) and then copied I think 18 which is the transmission linkage.  Its on my phone right now.  

This week I got a dead friend, a dying German Shepherd , and I think I’m getting in a divorce. 

May take a few days to figure it all out. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I’m loading it to Drop box now.  It’s not the FULL fsm but more than I’ve found.  I can try to add to it in the future but I need to borrow the manual again and I don’t know how many times I can ring that bell. 

I don’t know anything about torrents but will see. 

4 hours ago, czny said:

Worked for me. Used the free download with sign in. No problem.

Some pics of your left thumb too;)

Hehe you’re gonna get a lot of that.  

Basicaly it was me scanning pages as fast as I could and keeping them if they came out clear and with the bottom page number on as well. You’re gonna have to zoom and squint a bit and maybe tilt your heat but the data is there in detail.  It sure beats guessing and lets  us muck around in places we have no business belonging in but if it means you can do nearly mechanic-shop level fixes without paying shop rates or crossing your fingers on a junk-yard transplant then it’s all good.

the manual was thrashed so I was trying to be careful, I’ll consider it my good deed for the month 

Edited by ErikAnderson