Ultimate Subaru Message Board

[79' Brat] - Brighter headlights?

Hey viewers,

Just wanting to know what upgrades you have done to your headlights? I have a 79 Brat and I'm looking to upgrade the round headlights that I have. They're way too dim at night and they're probably a hazard to me and for those around me as well. If you chime in let me know what you have done! Feel free to link your upgrades as well. 

Thanks for the help!

there was a set on ebay of 4 by octolighting about a year ago that i got for my brat with quad's, i seem to not be able to find the exact ones, and they were $100 for the set of 4 when i purchased them, they seem to not be there anymore but here's a similar one, i still remember the ones i purchased said nowhere about octolighting, but when they arrived, it says on the front of the headlights octolighting so i was happy :, but now it's alittle more... but you gotta modify one of the tabs on the highbeam buckets since all 4 are technically low beam inserts, really easy to modify with just a pair of pliers.

then i also got 2 sets of 2 LED headlamp inserts, i think H4's, i junked the halogen one's that it comes with, super low quality bulbs, one broke on me just trying to remove it when they arrived, but the headlamps are of really highquality materials, glass front and metal backing, led's are still glowing bright and good, no dead LED's after a year of using it, no leaks either after many downpours from storms.

i love glowing in the morning and late afternoon with the orange halos, looks really different, you can hide the LED drivers on the passenger side inside and underneath the turn signal and parking lamp, and then i just wired them in to the parking lights, you can also use them as blinkers if you so desire, i'll post a picture this afternoon of how it looks when it's getting dark outside.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-3-4-Amber-LED-COB-SMD-Halo-Angel-Eye-Halogen-Light-Bulbs-Metal-Headlights-Set/232567175739?hash=item3626157a3b:g:vxcAAOSwO9RbCOIL:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!78245!US!-1

Edited by Subasaurus
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2018 at 3:00 AM, Grisezd said:

I’ll second doing a relay conversion. Check the voltage at the lights vs at the battery to see what you’re missing. Relays will put full voltage to the lights. 

Seconded,dim lights are a result of voltage drop